If you want to jumpstart your productivity each day and feel empowered, a morning routine can help you achieve just that. It took some time for me to get to a place where my mornings were within my control (instead of running around in madness), but it was worth the effort. Here is what my morning routine looks like now:
- Wake up to my alarm which is on my phone in the kitchen. Yes, you read that right. I set my alarm in the kitchen so I actually have to get out of bed and walk all the way there to turn it off. It’s also conveniently located next to the coffee mugs, so I can start the coffee while I’m still in the I-just-woke-up zombie stage. If you find it difficult to wake up to an alarm, I highly recommend this tip!
- Sip coffee, read daily devotional, and pray. Right now I’m going through Before Amen by Max Lucado.
- Make and eat breakfast. I generally do something simple on the stovetop like scrambled eggs or a breakfast burrito (eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes & peppers cooked in a skillet- top with cheese and eat on tortilla). I’m on the hunt for more simple, healthy breakfast ideas, so share them with me in the comments section below!
- Exercise. I was training for my 5k, but now that it is over, I’m mixing things up with workout videos or bodyweight exercises. You can find all sorts of great workout videos on YouTube
- Shower and get ready for the day. Do my hair and makeup, get dressed, gather all the stuff I need to take to work if it’s a workday (lunch, my work bag, a drink, etc).
If I make it a point to structure my mornings like this, it makes a huge difference in my entire day. If you don’t have a morning routine, consider what you would like it to look like. What time would you need to wake up? What things would you want to accomplish? Note that most people are more likely to work on habits like reading or exercise in the morning, because in the afternoons it’s easy to have more excuses. Start simple and don’t give up, because forming new habits like this takes time.
Do you have a morning routine? If so, what do you do?
Join me as I share new content about personal development, relationships, and wellness each Tuesday and Thursday: